Woo HOO! It’s almost time for the 2014 European TBEX Conference in Athens! Bring out the lists of where to stay and what to do, but how about “How to Stay Healthy” while enjoying all the fun? Here’s where The Travel Pharmacist can help!
Athens Travel Health Tips
1. Know the Top 5 Vacation Illnesses and How to Avoid Them. If, by chance, you’re not feeling 100% after all of the delicious and unique food choices, be sure to pack a few extra supplies, like loperamide or omeprazole. Just in case!
2. The weather is quite sunny both in Athens and on the surrounding Greek Islands. Bring along lots of sunscreen and apply liberally. Keep up to date on the latest products and how to use them to your best advantage with Sun Safety Tips.
3. Many of you will be on long haul flights into Greece and the last thing you’ll want to be is to be sidelined with jet lag. Here are some tips for both avoiding and treating this pesky travel baggage – Beat Jet Lag.
4. How NOT to pick up Travelers’ Diarrhea may be one of the most important articles you’ll read for travel health and your trip to Greece. You can’t be too careful where your stomach is concerned.
5. Those long haul flights into Athens can cause a serious condition called Deep Vein Thrombosis. Learn how to use compression socks properly and stay active while enduring long hours on a plane.
6. When you arrive in Athens, the real fun begins. You’ll be attending TBEX conferences, meeting new friends, and savoring all that’s wonderful about Greece. Don’t let INSOMNIA rob you of precious time networking. Know the Sleep Tips to ensure a good night’s rest.
7. Travel is a wonderful time to try new foods. Be sure to include a few of the Top 5 Happy Foods to help keep that smile plastered on your face! 🙂 Because the most important thing to do at TBEX Athens is to have fun. This will be our third TBEX conference and we’re so excited to meet new friends and old. It’s a great time and we hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we have!
Happy, Healthy Travels to Athens!